Monday, February 20, 2023

Food4Thought | Chicken Cheese Koththu anyone?

I'm a Sri Lankan. A Sri Lankan Malay.

I'm also a Wattala wanker, I'll always be a Wattala wanker where ever I live in the world. 

Therefore ladies and gentleman, Iit is my duty to talk about the stuff that makes me proud when it comes to Wattala. Yes it is true - Wattala is known for its diversity of people and the culture. We have Kandy Sinhalese, upcountry Sinhalese, Matara Sinhalese, Anuradhapura Sinhalese, Hill country Tamils, Jaffna Tamils, Indian Tamils, East Tamils, East Moors, South Moors, Kandy Moors, Beruwela Moors, Middle-east Moors, Indonesian Malays, Malaysian Malays, Sri Lankan Malays, Dutch Burghers, Portuguese Burghers, English Burghers and Sri Lankan Burghers - I'm not even kidding, Wattala has them all. 

Wattala is also known for its horrible traffic, which I thought, has no leverage to bring out any positivity. 

But Today it is all about the food I found in Wattala that we all can enjoy and be proud about. I have to say it is almost impossible to find a decent Chicken Cheese Koththu in Colombo except unless we go to Negombo to find the best Chicken Cheese Koththu in the world - Sameeha (I will feature it soon, when I get there one of these days). Shifana Hotel in Mabole, Wattala also produces one heck of a Chicken Cheese Koththu which is as good as Sameeha. Yes, I said it, maybe because I'm a Wattala Wanker. But if you don't trust me, try it and let me know what you thoughts are. It is definitely the best alternative to the Best Chicken Cheese Koththu in the world. 

When I make the order I make sure I request an extra chicken portion because I don't eat alone and I can't be fighting for the chicken midway of the meal. Also, on the other hand in my opinion this particular Chicken Cheese Koththu cannot be eaten alone even if you are ambitious enough to be the President of the country, but of course, it just an opinion, many have proved me wrong including myself.

Location - Shifana Hotel Mabole Wattala







No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts